Tuesday 7 June 2011

Bivvy Gear - WRT Gear

WRT Gear Layed Out on Flick

So here's everything I took with me (sort of). I decided to leave a few things at home and in hindsight could have left a few more bits at home.


I've been building this kit up for a while now through reading forum, blogs and using what I had and seeing how I got on with it. After 3 days in rainy wales (2 nights) I'm pretty happy with what I've got and how it works.

The "it worked really well bits":

Sleeping - Everything was spot on I think and I wouldn't change anything, Slept dry and warm for 2 nights.

Cooking - Really pleased with the set up the only change would be to make a new cone that stored inside the mug.

Carrying - The Wildcat bags were faultless

Water - TravelTap worked well if a little slow


Niggles:


Need to ditch the rucksack somehow.

Phone in Aquapak is awkward for taking photos

Need more Water carrying capability


Changes:


Take more coffee (2 per day isn't enough)

Really concentrate on how much food is needed (I ended up carrying some home again)

Leave the loo roll at home and take a 2nd Kleenex pack


Streamline my tools/spares kit


Maybe ditch the cosy for the smaller mug.

More Jelly Babies (ditch the M&Ms)

Didn't use the Hotties (it was May)

No comments:

Post a Comment