Wednesday 8 June 2011

Current Set Up


This is my current set up (plus a rucksac), it was it's first real test on the Welsh Ride Thing and it worked really well but as ever I want to make a couple of minor changes.

The gear was split by the following:

On the Bars:
Lomo 12L dry bag and a WildCat handlebar harness
Sleeping Bag in own 5l eVent dry bag
Thermarest NeoAir Reg
Exped Pillow
Lifesystem Midge head net
Orikaso folding bowl
AlpKit Hunka XL bivi bag

Framebag (Wildcat):
Food for 48hrs
Chocolate bars and Jelly Babies
Caldera Cone
300ml Meths (inside coiled up cone)
Travel Tap (Water bottle and filter)

Seatbag (Ortlieb Large Saddle Bag):
Cooking System (MyTiMug, Cosy's, 450ml Mug, Matches, Mountain House bag, Spork)
Tools and Spares and Tube
M&Ms and Gels
First Aid kit

Rucksack (Camelbak H.A.W.G Deluxe , no bladder)
5l eVent dry bag with night clothes in (HH Lifas, Down jacket, Socks)
Wooly hat
Rab Waterproof Jacket
Phone / Money / Inhaler / Tissues

1l Water bottle on forks

So what would I change?

Well the first thing to do would be to get rid of the rucksack. I didn't use my fuel tank top tube bag thing as I'd lent it out and I didn't think I needed it.

I didn't carry much in the rucksack and in fact it was very light but it's a pain to get stuff in and out of but what I did have was quite bulky.

The obvious thing would be to get a larger seatbag I think the one I have is 2.7l and although the Wildcat handlebar harness was flawless I can't help but thinking a bag on the top to put stuff you need to hand in would be a bonus (phone, camera, tissues)

I need to modify my fuel tank top tube bag thing and then put the gels and the like in there.

I didn't carry enough water but the Travel Tap was brilliant so I may try and find a bigger bottle with the same thread size as the travel tap and just take the filter part and put a second bottle on the other fork leg. This will free up a bit of room in the frame bag.

Maybe an email to Wildcat is needed....

No comments:

Post a Comment